Can we get a fanfare of trumpets, please? The time has come to introduce you to our TC Top Picks for Disrupt Berlin 2019. The ingenuity and creativity reflected in the international startup community can’t be overstated, and narrowing the field from the hundreds of applications we received was no easy task.
The program showcases outstanding early-stage startups across these categories: AI/Machine Learning, Biotech/Healthtech, Blockchain, Fintech, Mobility, Privacy/Security, Retail/E-commerce, Robotics/IoT/Hardware, CRM/Enterprise and Education.
Challenging as it was, TechCrunch editors had a (wicked fun) job to do — select up to five early-stage startups they felt represent the best of their specific tech category. This remarkable cadre of early-stage startups knocked our proverbial socks off. Cold toes notwithstanding, we think you’ll be equally impressed.
Founders who earn the TC Top Picks designation receive a free Startup Alley Exhibitor Package, one full day of exhibiting, three free Founder passes, intense investor and media interest and VIP treatment — including an interview on the Showcase Stage with a TechCrunch editor. And we promote that video across our social media platforms.
Alright, it’s time for the big reveal. Congratulations to the TC Top Picks for Disrupt Berlin 2019!
Artificial Intelligence + Machine Learning
- Apostera: An automotive company offering a set of innovative products world-wide.
- CYANITE: Music analysis tool — the interface between the music industry, data science and software engineering.
- Prodsight: Helps companies make data-driven product development decisions.
- Stormly: An AI-powered platform that works as a data consultant.
- Timekettle Technologies: Committed to building a global brand of AI translator so immersive that it disappears into the experience.
Biotech + Healthtech
- Glazomer: An affordable Hi-End Eye Tracking system for professional academic and clinical research.
- Healthy Quit: Digital health company and a pharmacy that provides vaping and smoking cessation by utilizing an artificial intelligent treatment algorithm and medications to help patients quit.
- mettleAI: Leveraging ML/AI to predict substance abuse relapse before it happens.
- Thryve: We power the individualization of health care by providing the API needed by health services to access health data from more than 100 wearables.
- Volta Medical: Aims at developing a wide range of intelligent software solutions designed to guide cardiologists during interventional procedures.
- Acatena AG: IoT & Blockchain platform to reinvent premium product authenticity.
- Anytype: An operating system for the new internet.
- etoshi: The all-in-one crypto platform: trading, wallets and taxes under one roof!
- SIMBA Chain: A cloud-based, smart-contract-as-a-service (SCaaS) platform, enabling users across a variety of skill sets to implement dapps (decentralized applications).
CRM + Enterprise
- Cumul.io: A cloud analytics platform for business experts & SaaS companies to integrate intuitive yet powerful data visualization into their daily lives.
- cux.io: Your one-stop shop for understanding your users’ experiences online.
- Radicalbit: Event stream processing self-service platform. One platform for data engineering, data ops & MLOps on top of Kafka.
- Stack: Internet launchpad, increasing the efficiency of working with the web for the average internet users by allowing simultaneous use of multiple web-apps within a neatly organized working environment.
- Usercentrics: A CMP that helps enterprise customers obtain, manage and document the user consent, with all different aspects of consent storage, consent API’s, consent in ad tech.
- ChromaWay: Blockchain “2.0” platform that enables smart contracts and digital assets for financial applications and non-financial applications.
- CurioInvest: A technology platform that lets anyone invest directly in rare alternative assets.
- Raison: A platform for operations with investments and personal finance.
- TXC Markets: Peer to peer fintech trading technologies and marketplaces for illiquid and alternative assets.
Mobility + Transportation
- DUCKT: The world’s first universal electrical scooter charging station. Better operations, better experience for people & the city.
- MachineMax: Used to track utilisation, idling, fuel and geolocation for any machine.
- Pixmoving: Provides universal autonomous driving chassis.
- Qibus: Making autonomous mobility a reality.
- TRAXIT: Tracking multi service company changing the way we track our belongings, starting from Aviation vertical.
Privacy + Security
- Nect: Delivers the self-service future of identity verification as a service — easy to use and with military-grade security.
- o.vision: Develops facial identification solutions for integration within smart office frameworks and commercial bank security systems.
- Sypher Solutions: Software platform that simplifies analysis and helps prevent mistakes when documenting and maintaining GDPR compliance.
- Wire: The most secure collaboration platform, transforming the way business’ communicate in the same way and speed that our founders disrupted telephony with Skype.
Retail + E-commerce
- combyne: A social tool for combining clothing. Our vision is to digitize the usage of fashion.
- Fashwire: A global data-driven marketplace with 200+ fashion designers from 25+ countries.
- Squareshot: We help consumer, fashion and dnvb brands streamline content production and create beautiful product shots to maximize their online sales.
Robotics + Hardware + IoT
- Aether Biomedical: A rehabilitation robotics startup focused on building bionic limbs for upper limb amputees.
- Domotron: The most advanced smart home that adapts to your lifestyle. To make your life easier.
- Infocode: Smart building solution company that provides smart waste bin for office and public spaces.
- RoboChef: World’s first fully automated robotic kitchen cooking 500+ recipes with ZERO manual effort powered by IoT, Robotics & AI.
Disrupt Berlin 2019 takes place on 11-12 December. Buy your pass today and be sure to swing by Startup Alley to meet and greet the TC Top Picks. One more thing. It’s not too late to buy a Startup Alley Exhibitor Package and strut your stuff alongside hundreds of companies and sponsors. All exhibiting startups have a shot at winning the Wild Card to compete for $50,000 in our famous pitch competition, Startup Battlefield. What have you got to lose? Nuthin!